Monday, December 15, 2008

Seeeeeattle!

*I want everyone to notice that I got pictures in the middle of this post.  Clap for me.*


It might actually be time to post about my Thanksgiving week trip.  Wow.  What a cool city!!  Seattle.  It has an OCEAN.  It always RAINS.  It's always CLOWDY.  I think I'm in love.  Rain and ocean together are brilliant!  Love em, love em, love em.


 Whitney and I left for Seattle on Tuesday the 25th.  Amazingly, our plane was only delayed by 45 minutes, which... seriously is really good for a flight that I'm on!  AND they gave us full cans for our drinks on the plane.  I love it when they do that.  :)


Whit's dad (Evan) made us our own room in his garage.  It was AWESOME!  It was complete with pictures on the walls, rugs on the floor, and space heaters to keep the temperature good.  :)

 

The first few days we mostly just chilled out.  Pretty much we just hung out with Evan. We had a DVD series called Planet Earth and OH MY WORD.  Whit and I are addicted.  If you haven't seen planet Earth, then go find it!

 

 Thanksgiving was fun.  A bunch of Evan's friends came over, and guess what we did?!  We had a big dinner.  Surprised?  Yeah... thought not.  His friends were way cool, though, so it was a really fun dinner.  And yes, the food was amazing.  Except... I do have one question.  Why are things that taste gross considered to be "high class" stuff?  Examples: caviar, escargo, duck, etc.  

No, we didn't have any of these things at Thanksgiving dinner, but we did have "sparkling water" instead of "regular water".  Ever had that?  Basically it's just soda water.  Ew.  Why?  It's just bitter and... completely lacking any pepsi or root beer flavoring.  Therefore... not so good.  Whit had a really good analogy for the whole gross-stuff-being-high-class thing.  Back in Shakespeare's day, all the rich people got the seats up high in the theatre.  The richer you were... the higher you got to sit.  And the poor people were right up next to the stage.  (Granted, they had to stand... but still you get the idea.)  Eventually people started thinking... "Wait... they can see better than we can," and the front seats became the expensive ones.  Maybe some day rich people will think... "Wait... this tastes gross," and twinkies will be more respected.  After dinner, we went to the new 'Australia' movie.  Way good.  Must be recommended.  Uh... kay

 

Whit's aunt, Leslie, cut and dyed our hair on Friday.  It took a good chunk of the day to do all three of us, but man... was it ever needed.  I won't bore you with details from that.

 

Saturday we had "readings" done.  What is this, you might ask?  Well... I'm still kind of wondering that myself.  We went to see one of Evan's friends, Eugenia, who is a... well... a psychic, for lack of a better word.  She was hilarious!  Her laugh was this loud cackle that just made me laugh right back.  She was super blunt, too.  The outcome?  My future doesn't look so bright.  Thanks.  Thank you very much.  I could have told you that.  :)

 

After our helpful readings, we went to Pike's Place Market.  Such a funny place!  I loved it, though.  They have a fish market there, and the workers just throw all the fish and crabs and

 lobster and... well... just all the seafood... through the air.  Weird and super cool.  This guy who worked there was watching Whit and me trying to get pictures of the fish flying through the air, so finally he made us go up front, and had Whitney stand underneath all the fish they were throwing.  I think he and Whit really hit it off.  Even though they live in different states, and neither even

 knows the other's name... I think there is a future there.  You can see the fish over her head in this picture.

 

Whitney wanted a good picture of a lighthouse, so we went to a beautiful beach.  It was super, 

super foggy which only made it that much more amazing.  The fog was sooo thick.  You could actually see water droplets in the air.  Everything was just coated in water and it was only from the fog.  We walked along the shore for a while, then had to climb over a whole bunch of cool rocks before we got to the lighthouse.  The light wasn't actually on (I'm not sure why... I would think fog... yeah. I dunno.)  But we got some way cool pictures of the lighthouse and the cool driftwood and stuff.  Unfortunately, a lot of the pictures were on Whit's black and white camera that actually uses... wait for it... FILM.  Wow.  :)  She is in a photography class and she develops the film in a dark room and such... therefore I can't put them on my blog.  Anyway... back to the previously scheduled post... It was such a pretty beach!  And one of my favorite things... Whit's hair had been straightened, and with how foggy and wet it was... her hair got bigger, and bigger, and bigger, and bigger the longer we stayed.  SO FUNNY!  I totally forgot to get a picture of it though, and it was SO PICTURE WORTHY!  Dang.

 

Anyway... loved it.  Miss the ocean already.  I've just gotta get me one.

 

I got to Sun Valley today, so I'll post about that when I get home.  Yay Sun Valley!!



 

8 comments:

BigDaddy said...

Seattle was beautiful when I was there last. I love the rain and the ocean, but i love sunshine too ;) hehe. Awesome pictures! Merry Christmas!!

~Micah aka. BigDaddy

Aubrey said...

I LOVE Seattle. It's my favorite. :) I feel envy that you went there and did not. Pike's Place Market is one of the coolest places ever. I could spend DAYS in there. And also... yey for rain and clouds. My pale skin fits right in. :) If you ever want to move there I will move there with you. That's all.

DeeAura said...

Aubs, don't even think about moving there without me. Michelle, you have to tell Whit her hair rocks! Hahah. Loved it. :) I'm so glad you had such a fun place to go for Thanksgiving! I want to live there. Really. That is all. For now. Except the part where I miss you! Good luck in Sun Valley! I'm hoping to come up sometime this winter, but...well...don't hold your breath, and don't talk to Cory about it. He doesn't believe anything I say. Which is really good, actually.... :) Love you!!!

kara said...

Holy crap Michelle! You're not dead! It's been, what? Two months since your last post?? hehe. Just kidding! I'm so happy you loved Seattle! I do too! Come visit me over on my blog someday! Love, red.

whitney said...

Ummm. I think I just left t a comment in the wrong place. don't judge... I'm not a blogger. What I said was, (Echem... or however you spell the throat clearing noise): I say you did a right fine job summing up that wonderful trip. I miss Seattle!

Also, why do I not have some of those pictures?! Dare I ask if you would hide them from me?

Jennie said...

I think that pic of the light house is amazing. I like all the fog. Do you remember our brief jaunt through Seatle in High School on our way to Canada? All I really remember about it is the extordinarily LONG wait at the airport. Hmmm, maybe that is where your bad plane luck got started! ;0)

Gunda Lee said...

You mentioned the market in Seattle? I DARE it to compete with the largest outdoor market in the world....here in Bangkok! Sure, sure, you had dead fish, but you didn't have bugs to snack on too!!

Christy said...

I am so excited to read your blog! We have one too! I try to update often, but you know how life gets! Come see mine!! I am SOSO excited to see all that you are doing!!!