Sunday, July 27, 2008

Twenty... how much?




On July 21st I turned 25. I mean, 21. (Okay... really 25, but I'm claiming 21 now. We'll just have to see how many years I stay 21...)

To me, my birthday is just kind of another day because I always just sort of have millions of things going on. This year, I didn't really have plans to do anything out of the ordinary, but my dang cute friends had other plans. :)

First off- Cory invited me to his family's house on Sunday to have a birthday dinner. My family obviously doesn't live anywhere close enough to do something like that, so his family took care of it. :) It was sooo much fun! His family is super rad, and we did all sorts of things... like getting things stuck on the roof, and playing with his cute nieces. Oh, way good food, too.

When we got back to Logan (11:45-ish) it was late, so I was figuring we'd just call it a night. Wrong. At midnight (the morning of my actual birthday) his roommate, Cameron, showed up and Whit, Cory, and Cam told me that it was time to go play. They wouldn't tell me what we were doing, but... freak it ended up rocking!

First we went to the underground tunnels at Utah State. We thought they'd be hard to get into, but oh, no... so dang easy! It was super creepy, but I loved it. It was dark and there were freaky noises and it was about 230 degrees. We took chalk down and signed our names. :)

Second- we went on a hike up Logan Canyon. It's a hike called The Green Door and it is so super fun. There is this huge tunnel in the middle of the hike, and we found the cutest little bat inside it. We scared him half to death, though. Poor thing.

The last thing we did was golfing. Now, you may not have previously known that I was a golfer. The reason you probably didn't know is because... I'm not. When I say that I'm not, I mean that... I'm not. We went to first Dam and hit balls into the water. Honestly, how hard can it be to hit a golf ball?! You swing the club... that's all. But no. I swing the club and absolutely nothing happens. Why? Nobody can really say. It was dang fun, but boy, oh boy was I bad at it.

Later that day Whit and I went out to lunch and then she took me to see The Dark Knight. Then... it was back to Pickleville. Of course. :)

Such a dang fun day! Yay for being 21.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, I know it's late but hey, better late than never.

Lindsay said...

I love all the comments on the pictures in your slide show. You are a funny, funny person. What would it be like??

Amanda said...

Hey girl! It's long lost Amanda. I miss you ! I saw your blog on Nicoles page...and I thought I'd invite myself to look at it! Super cute. So if you let me know what your email address is, I'll send you an invite to ours :) P.s. Happy 21st birthday! That's awesome. Now you can gamble when you come to visit us in Vegas :) love your guts

Roxy said...

Hey! :) I found your blog. Lucky me! :) Love and miss your face! :) Oh, and you make one creepy Chinese lady. The end.

Travis and Celena said...

Happy birthday lady! I am glad to hear that you had a fun time. I wish I could turn 21 again. I am going to be 25 this year too and I still can't believe it!

Becky said...

Holy cow, are you really 25? Yes, because I realized I turn 27 next month (sheesh!!) I'm glad you had a fun day. Tell Elder Keate hi for me!! And I can't golf either--I might hit the ball every other swing for the first 15 minutes, and then I get progressively worse from there....

Jennie said...

Ha Ha you've now turned a quarter of a century old. Hee Hee. Just remember that there is no shame about your age, and when I say that I mean the age you tell everyone you are...not your actual age! I'm glad that you have such awesome friends to help you through while your family lives so far away. And I totally suck at golfing too. Even miniture golf is bad. At least when you play it on the wii they won't let you go beyond 4 strokes over par. Thank heavens.

Gunda Lee said...

What is the MATTER with you people?????? Haven't you ever seen a slasher movie?????

OK... love you anyway! mom