So basically you should all probably be aware that I love summer. I really do. The thing is... this summer has been insane! I'm working up in Bear Lake at a theatre called Pickleville Playhouse. I'm in two shows up there (basically meaning that we perform 6 nights a week). It keeps me crazy busy. I'll talk more about that in another post when I'm actually in the mood to write about it. :) I also just got another job yesterday. I work as an independent contractor for a company called ChaCha. Yep. That's my life.
The main reason for this post is to tell you that I MOWED A LAWN. Yes, ladies and gentlemen: I mowed a lawn. See, the funny thing is that I had never done that before! My older sister, Lindsay, got that job when we were kids, and by the time it was about my turn, we moved into a condo development where they mowed the lawn for us. Then... we moved into our new house, and my little brother, Brian, was at a prime lawn-mowing age. Then I moved to college. That, in a nut shell, is my lawn mowing history. Then about a week and a half ago, I got to mow the lawn at the house I'm staying in for the summer. It only took me about twice as long as Whitney takes. :) The lines on the lawn looked pretty dang funny, but boy oh boy was that grass short. I guess I'm just a natural.
5 comments:
I'm so glad to see that you're growing up and taking on some responsibility. :) Problem: I didn't realize that you NEVER mowed our lawn growing up...and now, i have an acute case of jealousy. Sweating, sticky, mourning over my forever-green shoes, terrified that the branches I mowed over would catapult into the air only to stick in my eye and make me blind...ahhhhh...thanks for all the memories.
Okay that picture totally cracks me up Michelle! I too am jealous that you've NEVER had to mow the lawn! I just keep thinking about all those summers you were deprived of knowing that you can make lime green shoes all on your own without having to buy them. So in memory of the green shoes lost at sea, mow on my friend. Mow on!!
I can't belive you had never mowed a lawn before! Well, congratulations on a huge achievement, I'm very proud of you! I'm also proud that you updated your blog...I was wondering for a while. Of course, we don't have internet now, so I can't check it, but I'm glad to know you are alive!
The first time that I ever mowed a lawn, I had blisters all over my hands for a week. My dad didn't like that my brothers let me do outside work. That didn't stop him from asking me to do it from then on. Weird how things work. Welcome to gardening! :0)
I read this blog post a long time ago but I was at work and didn't have time to comment. Anyway, isn't it funny that we can get through life and never do some things (or not do them for a long time?) I have mowed a few lawns, but my brothers did the majority of them. Remember the time you changed a flat tire? That was great--I know the gist of changing a tire, but I am not sure I could do it if it was all up to me. And Brady wants me to learn how to plunge a toilet, but I prefer to leave that to him...(he's right though; I should learn)
Post a Comment