
Okay... so Pickleville officially ended for the season. How do I feel about this? A myriad of emotions of course. (You should probably be aware that it took me about 5 minutes to figure out if #1- myriad was a real word or one that I made up and #2- how the heck to spell myriad. For those of you like me, I'll supply the definition: a countless or extremely great number. You're welcome.) I'm excited to have time to myself and to actually have my nights free, but at the same time I always feel a little sad when something so great ends.
For those of you who don't know anything about it, Pickelville Playhouse is the theatre that I worked at over the summer. We did two plays- Thoroughly Modern Millie and Chuck Wagon's Wild West Showdown (a melodrama). In Millie I played the part of Mrs. Meers (the villain who pretends to be Chinese) and in Chuck Wagon I played Clemenine (a hoe-down towns girl) and Dallas (an outlaw). They were so so much fun and I got to work with some dang cool people- you know who you are. We started rehearsals in April and performed through the whole summer. I'm not really in the mood to write aaaallll about it, and chances are that most people wouldn't want to read about it anyway, so I'll just leave it all at that, then post some pictures for people to see. I like pictures. I'm a visual learner. I have a whole bunch of pictures, but unfortunately- I don't have them HERE. Hopefully I can update and add more picures sometime. So, for anyone in the cast who is hurt because you aren't shown... it's not that I dislike you in anyway... it's just that I haven't gotten the pictures of you onto my computer.
(Oh- random sidenote. For anyone who might wonder why all of my posts are done in EXACTLY the same format with one picture up top and then a slide-show at the bottom, it's because I can't figure out how to put pictures in the middle of my posts. "Oh, but it's easy!" several of you might be screaming to yourselves. To that, I reply, "Yeah. Right.")
What is next in my life venture? Who the heck knows! I actually just got cast in a show-choir-type thing called the Sun Valley Carolers. Let me tell you everything I know about it: we sing. We sing Christmas songs... at Christmas time. Yup. Don't know much. I know that we go to Sun Valley (which I believe to be in Idaho, although someone recently told me they thought it was in Wyoming...) half-way through December, then perform Christmas stuff until the end of December. Beyond that... all I know is that I don't know any details. I'm sure I'll be posting more about it when I actually DO find out what is going on. Besides that, I am substitute teaching... yes I know... everyone's dream job. I actually love being in the schools, though, so it's good. Except the time I subbed for a math teacher and he left me instructions to teach them a chapter out of their pre-calculus book. Hahaha... that was a looooong day.
I also just moved into a new apartment, however I think I'll leave that for another post because this apartment... deserves it's own post. Ooooo... got you hooked? Good. Then tune in next week- same station, same time. (And by that I mean I have no idea when I'll post about it.)



7 comments:
But...but...but...but I WANTED to know more about your apartment!!!! Panic room, panic room, panic room... :) Also, I think people who substitute teach should be given medals. (I say this mostly because I really want a medal...) I always loved how the teachers just decided you knew everything about everything. Pre-calculus? Cake-walk. Don't worry...one time, I called Nicole when I was substitute teaching a 2nd (?) grade class to make sure I wasn't teaching them false grammar doctrine. :) I felt like an idiot!!! But don't worry...Nicole wasn't 100% sure either, so I felt much, much better after I called her. :) Fake it til you make it!!! Okay. Long comment. That is all.
I totally love reading your posts. I love the picture at the top. If you would like to add more pictures when you go in to "browse" there is a button that says add another picture click that and browse for you picture. I think it only lets you do 5 at a time. Then when they are added you just drag your picture where you want it in your post. I hope this helps ya. I can't wait to hear about the apt. Is is decorated like Lindsay's dining room use to be? Matching curtains and wallpaper. Ha Ha!
A little thing I like to call 'click and drag'. Yes. It's complicated, I know. Another complicated option: 'cut' and 'paste'. Whew. good luck with that.
Your pictures are AWESOME! I can't wait until you're an old, pale woman with dark hair. You'll be so sexy.
And, I'll admit I was REALLY impressed with the usage of 'myriad'...until you decided to become all honest about it. :)
I can't wait to hear all about the apartment. Post soon! Post soon! Post soon! Post soon! Post soon. okay.
Fun pictures. It would have been great to come and see you in plays. It would've taken me back to high school days when I would see you in those plays. Great times. You were always good at that.
Can I just tell you that I absolutely LOVED watching you be Mrs. Meers! It was such a fun show and I wish I could have stayed to chat with you longer. Best of luck with the substitute teaching. Don't take any crap from those kids. We all know we dished it out when we were in school.
miss you. OH, and I love love love love the pics!
P.s. Curt and I sporadically bust out with "Sad to be arr arrone in de worrd" It's pretty funny :)
Post a Comment