Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mission reunion!!



Most of you know that I had the opportunity of serving a performing mission to Nauvoo, Illinois in the summer of 2005.  It was one of the most amazing/ one of the hardest things I've ever done.  I wouldn't trade the experiences that I had there for anything.  This post could end up about 10 years long if I actually let myself get into it, so I'll just settle for talking about the reunion.  :)

20 YPMs (Young Performing Missionaries) serve in Nauvoo during the summer (10 sisters and 10 elders).  Last Friday we got together (well- as many as could come) and caught up on each other's lives, and had soooo much dang fun!  I miss these people so much.

I don't really have time to say much more (and really, there are no words that are adequate for describing Nauvoo or my connection with my Nauvoo family, anyway) so I'll just leave it to the pictures.  :)




6 comments:

Lindsay said...

You look gorgeous, as usual. Maybe I don't want you to come and make me look frumpy in front of all of my friends.......

DeeAura said...

Here's the thing. You actually keep your word when you say you won't talk about Nauvoo here...I say that sometimes, but I'll get to the end of writing a new post, and read over it...and realize I lied because I just wrote about Nauvoo...AGAIN. But by then, I'm too lazy to fix it, so I just let it be. :) I have you and Katie to thank for your Nauvoo influence. Mostly, though, I don't think I would have ever gone through with it if we hadn't been roommates that year. So - yeah. Thanks. :) You know how much. :)

{haley} said...

Hey Michelle!
How's life going?? You should know that I sent you and Whit an announcement twice and it was sent back to me both times! Lame I know. So... know that I didn't overlook you guys please! Hope you're well!

Amanda said...

looks like fun! My favorite is the laughing picture :) You're so great!

BigDaddy said...

Those pictures are great :) It looks like everyone had a good time. I'm a new reader and really enjoyed your blog.

Loralee Choate said...

I always wanted to do the mission to Nauvoo. It looks like a great time was had by all. (P.S. Thanks for the linky love in your sidebar.)