Sunday, March 22, 2009

One great post... minus cute pictures.

Ahhh!  I'm way behind!  Okay- this post is going to be a little less in-depth because I just want to try to catch up a bit.  K?  Cool.  If you want to see more pictures, I'll put them in an album on my facebook profile.  (Cause I'm sure you're all just clamoring for more, right??)  :)

First off- The Crocodile Farm.  It was such a blast!!  We saw... well, crocodiles.  Sure.  Lots of them, actually!  Crazy animals.  Whit and I actually pet one, too!  More like touched it, actually... touched it and then got the heck out of there.  :)  



We also got to "fish" for crocodiles.  How does one do that?  Simple.  You just put a dead chicken on some fishing wire... and throw it to a bunch of hungry crocodiles!  Check out the picture my brother got- see the one jumping in the air?  Pretty dang awesome.

Our absolute favorite part of the crocodile farm, though, was the tigers.  Yes... at the crocodile farm.  No questions please.  I have them, too.  :)  They had baby tigers, and first we payed a few dollars so we could hold them and feed them a bottle of milk.  Then for some reason, they let us sit and play with the cubs for like 20 minutes!  They were dang cute.  That's all.  It was awesome.







I also have to give a shout out to my sister, Amber. While I've been here, I've gotten to see her in two of her school plays.  It's been awesome.  She rocks.  Hollaaaa!







Whitney had an amazing idea that we should all go to an orphanage and volunteer for a while.  Let me just tell you.  It was incredible.  Those kids were so, so sweet.  I seriously just wanted to take them all home with me.  There is no way to really put it into words.  (Well... I'm sure my sister Lindsay could, but... I'll just have to leave it at... "wow".)  It was just great.  I wish so much that I could have communicated with them better!  The fact that we didn't speak Thai sure didn't keep them from TRYING to talk to us though!




 You are just going to have to believe me when I say that these pictures are dang cute.  I don't know why I can only post one... but blogger hates me.  That is all I know for sure.  The end.  Maybe I'll try to get more of them up later.


We just barely got back from a vacation to Chiang Mai.  Now THAT is what I call fun.  I'll post about that as soon as I'm no longer angry at blogger for taking so many hours to load my dang pictures!!!

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Can you bring home a baby tiger?

Liz B said...

I am totally living vicariously through you... so of course I will check out your pictures on Facebook. It looks like this has been so amazing. I can't even imagine.

DeeAura said...

AAAAUUUUGGGHHH!!!! I freaking LOVE your life!!! Do you even know? To this day, I still contemplate leaving my job to go volunteer at orphanages in Ecuador and Romania. Why why why did I insist on face-planting into responsibility? Oh. That's right. So I could live vicariously through you. :)

Liz Szilagyi said...

Michelle, I am beyond jealous. I miss Asia so much! I love looking at your pictures and reading your stories. You should go with your Sister to Singapore, they have great beaches there.

ED said...

Oh my gosh ...you guys are having such amazing experiences. I love reading your blog!