Thursday, March 5, 2009

A few more days to blog about. :)


Sorry that I keep grouping a bunch of stuff into each post!  I'd love to say that I'll get better at spreading them out, but that might be a lie.  Okay.  So, we finally made it to the floating market.  Such a cool place!  You... float in a boat as you shop.  That's really all there is to it.  One of the best parts was watching the people on the side taking pictures of US.  (Thais get really excited when they see white people.  They realllllllly do.)  On the way home from the floating market we drove through a whole bunch of coconut groves.  ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.  One of the most amazing things I've seen.  There were rows and rows of coconut trees with trenches of water between each row.  The water, though was covered with... I don't know what it was.  Moss of some sort.  They were all LIME GREEN.  The colors were SO vibrant and so so cool.  It was probably my favorite part of that day.



 Adventure number next:  Dreamword.  Bangkok's very own theme park!  Let me tell you a little bit about it.  Dreamworld is Disneyland's worst nightmare.  *Disclaimer.  I didn't actually ask Disneyland about this.*  I pretty much think that the only reason Disney even HAS copyright laws is to avoid this very scene.  :)  You see, Thailand doesn't think much of copyright laws.  Actually, I'm pretty sure nobody in the country knows they even exist!  No, really.  Stop doubting me... I'm serious.  Dreamworld was a riot!  It was 85% a broken down Disneyland and 15%... what WAS that?  I loved it!!  Here are some pics for your enjoyment.


This last week we went to a city called Hua Hin.  Its an awesome, awesome coastal city.  We're talking BEACH, people!  Amber didn't come because she had a school
field trip... to Japan.  Sure.  Why not go to Japan for a field trip?  This week she has a field trip to Singapore for a theatre convention.  Okay... back to the subject.  For those of you who somehow don't already know, the beach is my favorite place ever.  I loooove it.  These particular bunch of beaches were amazing.  When the tide would go out, we got to see the COOLEST sea life and sea shells.  We wandered the coast for HOURS  and HOURS.  The one downside?  That same sea life was also IN the water... and not just on the shore.  I have had my fair share of jellyfish stings.  These have been from both Thailand and Hawaii.  Many, many in fact.  Okay, all of them have been from "members of the jellyfish family" and not actual jellyfish, but... same thing.  They both have insane amounts of zapping power.  *Moving on.*  The ocean in Hua Hin was FULL of jellyfish.  Meaning?  No swimming.  Dang.  We did get brave enough to wade out to a couple of sandbars, though.  The jellyfish were SO COOL to watch!  They may be some of my favorite animals.  Someday I'll have a pet jellyfish.  *That may or may not have been a true statement.*  Anyway.  These beaches were so cool to wander because of all the sea life we got to watch.  Jellyfish, territorial crabs, eels, shrimp, squid, fish, etc...  We also got to chill on a dock when a shrimp fishing boat came in.  They had been out to sea for 10 days and it was AMAZING to watch these guys unloading their boats and all of the shrimp and fish they caught.  I think they thought it was a little strange that we were just standing there watching them, but... I sure didn't care.  :)  Long live coastal cities, man.  Long may they live.



 

6 comments:

DeeAura said...

Oh, crappity crap. I freaking MISS you! hahaha. But I can't blame those cute little Thai people for picture-stalking you. I know I get excited to see white people. Sometimes, I just walk down my streets, snapping pictures in a massive frenzy; afraid I'll miss one...

And when you get your pet jellyfish, may I come over and bring it a...tank..warming...gift? :)

Becky said...

um, that pork picture is nasty. I prefer NOT to recognize my food--if I lived on a farm, I would likely be a vegetarian. The rest looks like so much fun!

kara said...

So I've decided that I should also just bound off to Thailand because I want to. Then I can be cool like you. hehe. Great pics by the way!

Jennie said...

Those dreamworld pics are great. It's wierd to see Brian looking like a man and Amber looking like a woman. I feel old! Can you post a picture of your mom. I haven't seen one in ages and I would LOVE to see her!

Emi Sue said...

SO jealous! I miss Thailand!

Bud & Kim said...

Hey Michelle! Thanks for you comment on my blog. I actually got your blog off of Cali's and have been looking at it but forgot to leave a comment. It sounds like you are having so much fun in Asia!!