Thursday, July 23, 2009

Probably I'm going to need to know what I did to tick July off.


I've finally realized something. The gods of the month of July hate me. I don't know why, but for the past few years, July has been out to get me. Don't get me wrong- occasionally something good happens. My family came home from Thailand on the 1st. That pretty much rocked. Notice, however- it was the first day of July. I think it was just trying to give me a false sense of security.

It has been one crazy long month. I'd give you a bit of a recap of my month, but... I don't want to. :) Besides, it would be nothing but an obnoxious venting post. (Which is something I'm trying to avoid, since this post isn't already obnoxious!)

On top of all the other great things July has brought, I've also got my birthday. Yes that's right. My birthday was a couple of days ago. You may ask if I'm really listing that as a negative, and my answer would have to be YES! I WANT to like my birthday. I've TRIED to like my birthday. It's just not do-able. I like other people's birthdays. Not mine. How old am I now? Twenty... one. 21, give or take.

Right now I'm just holding my breath and crossing my fingers, hoping I make it to August 1st.

And to the gods of the month of July: What are the odds we can work something out for next year???

5 comments:

Jennie said...

I'm sorry July is so hateful towards you. But, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I thought you use to like though, maybe I'm mistaken. It just seemed like you always enjoyed it in High School and you and Brian always had big parties together. I just hope that one day July, your birthday, and you will all get along.

Gunda Lee said...

K.....just think of it this way....only 7 days until the 31st....that will be a GREAT day! Anyway, I sure love you......

Tarah said...

k, I realize I missed your birthday and all (bad friend, I know...is this why you hate birthdays? it's one of the reasons I do), but i could have sworn you were more around 26 :) If I have to be that old I think you should have to be too! When are you coming down to see me? Call me sometime.

Gunda Lee said...

Oh, I know that you hate July 21st...but you made it one of the best days of my life.
Love ya',
mom

Emi Sue said...

I am so curious, what sweet little nothings did the gods of august tell you? Can't lie, I hate birthdays too. Lets boycot them! I'm turning 23 this year. I'm pretty excited about that, being 24 has been took old for my liking!