Saturday, March 20, 2010

If only it could be done.

I'm not much of a winter person, so for me- spring is always quite welcome! There is one major downside, however. Spiders. All the spiders wake up.

*Wake up? I don't know so much about the waking up bit. Where do they come from? They don't hibernate, do they? And it can't be that all of their nasty little eggs hatch at the same time, because then they'd all be tiny. They just suddenly come back when it warms up. Maybe they fly south for the winter. Oh. Man. I really wish I hadn't typed that, because now I'm thinking about what sort of HORROR FLYING spiders would bring!! Well... I've just found something else to be grateful for.
Spiders don't fly.*

I wish there was a way to teach spiders. If I could just help them learn that coming into my house is a bad idea, we'd all be a lot happier. But there is no way to teach this! See, I strongly believe in the death penalty for any spiders found inside, so the learning curve is really quite steep. Maybe I just need to find two of them... kill one and release the second into the wild to warn the others.

Thoughts??





6 comments:

Katie said...

HA HA HA!!! You make me laugh... even at midnight when I feel like a grandma with a hangover and should be in bed.

Anonymous said...

That is so true. I heard on the radio one time something to that effect. I told Cory that if a spider comes into my space, then it should be killed because it is trespassing. I am the same way, I freak out when I see anything move.

DeeAura said...

:D This is my wide grin, and pure joy at your post. I miss you, I love you, and now I want to sit on a couch and watch gilmore girls with you while eating microwave muffins with Thai spoons.

...You have the weirdest effect on people...

Lindsay said...

You're not so 'bwave' anymore...are you?

Anna Wilson said...

I haven't trained my spiders...but a handy little spray called Home Defense keeps them at bay.

Anna Wilson said...

I haven't trained my spiders...but a handy little spray called Home Defense keeps them at bay.