Tuesday, May 27, 2008

GRADU-FREAKING-ATION!!



Yes, ladies and gentlemen.... it actually happened.  I graduated from Utah State University!  And, after only 7 short years, too.  :)  I majored in Theatre Education and minored in Psychology Teaching and Music.

I didn't actually walk in my graduation ceremony, though.  #1- My family lives all over the world.  It would have felt a little weird cheering for myself... plus they frown on graduates taking their own pictures... something about it not looking professional.  #2- My roommate, Whitney, and I spent the ENTIRE day cleaning out our apartment and moving.  We thought we could get it done pretty quickly, but we were sadly wrong.  It was slow-going and painful.  :)  Fun day.

The only up side about the whole day was that Whitney was stinkin' cute.  She had planned all sorts of things to make my graduation day memorable.  She's so freakin' awesome.   We didn't get to do most of the things she planned since we were moving, but still... the thought was there.

After we finally finished moving Whit took me to dinner and when we got home, her mom had set up a table full of... well... a table full of every green food that she could think of because my favorite color is lime green.  Whit also decorated my car.  I loved it!  After snacking on the green foods we watched Gilmore Girls and did pedicures.  :)

The next day, after church, I threw on my cap and gown and Whit and I ran up to campus to take a few pictures.  And yes... under my gown I AM wearing my pajamas.  Would you expect anything else?

Peace out, Utah State!




6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh -- this post made me cry! (I'm sure that's what you were intending to do, right!)

I wish so badly that I could have been there to celebrate with you - and what's even worse, I didn't even get the day right when I called. :( I'm so glad you have such a great friend in Whitney.

I'm excited for you - congratulations!

Anna Wilson said...

Congratulations Michelle! Isn't it a great feeling to be all done? I still think about how happy I am to be done. Congrats again.

Jennie said...

Congrats Michelle! I'm so excited for you. I'm sorry that your family couldn't be there. It's hard when your family misses important things like that because they live so far away. My brother couldn't come to my wedding for that same reason. Anyway, I'm excited that you've entered this new stage of life. You will be an amazing teacher!!! I'm glad you have such great friends. Love you tons! P.S. this made me almost cry too. So you aren't the only one Linds!

Travis and Celena said...

Congrats lady! I don't know if you remember me, but I am Christal's little sister Celena. I saw you on her buddies list and I thought I would drop by. Congrats again!

Tarah said...

Yea for Michelle! Congratuations, I knew you could do it...and in only seven years...rock on. Hey, I haven't heard from you forever, so you should give me a call sometime so I know when big things like this happen.

Liz B said...

Michelle,
Congrats, congrats, congrats! Emily is graduating in August, after she gets back from Jerusalem, so you're in good company. Like Tarah, I haven't seen you in forever, but it sounds like things are going well for you. We should definitely catch up sometime.
Liz (Ward) Barnes