
Sometimes I wonder who I am. Is that a weird thing to wonder? Not only do I wonder who I am, but I also wonder if other people know who they are. Really the only reason I want to know about others is for comparison purposes. Am I the only one who feels this confused?
My personality changes to match the people I'm around. Quite drastically, actually. When I'm with my high school friends, I revert back to my crazy-loud-high-school-self. When I'm with my college friends I revert back to my energetic-social-self. When I'm in class I revert back to my quiet-self-conscious-student-self. I have a friend-self, professional-self, family-self, ward-self, dating-self, etc...
So - who am I?
Am I the person I'm the most comfortable being?
Am I the person it's the easiest to be?
Am I the person closest to who I feel I should be?
Am I the person I most want to be?
Somehow I feel that I should be able to combine all of these people into one, but for some reason it seems to be much harder said than done.
Anyway, I'm not necessarily looking for answers... this is just something I've been thinking about a lot lately. I've decided that it is time to do something about this question. No, I haven't decided what that might be, but... something.
Sometimes I get tired of all of the confusing thoughts rattling around in my head. :)
6 comments:
Michelle! I've totally had these thoughts, but only I didn't know how to word them. Why is life so tricky sometimes?
Your brain sounds a lot like mine lately...
I would like to comment and say something profound and useful....but I'm coming up blank. I liked this post, and I'm glad you posted though!
And this is exactly why you are my best friend. I totally have these thoughts all the time. Course I think I like high school me the best. E*&# Pride!
I totally know what you mean - my coworkers are almost always surprised if they ever see me in a casual or social setting. "Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic and so am I." - what about bob
Mighty Michelle, finally took a deeper look at Corinna's blog and found some names i recognized. read a little of your blog, you're a drama teacher! That's awesome! I can't believe you teach middle school, that's amazing.
So many people, including me, looked up to you SO much!
Still do.
You go girl.
-Susie Motola
Post a Comment