The other day I went to the store to get myself some ice cream. They didn't have what I was looking for, so I grabbed one I hadn't heard of before. It was Ben and Jerry's Maple Blondie. Maple ice cream with blondie chunks and a swirl of maple carmel. It's amazing! I didn't notice until half way through the carton, however, the little notice on top of the carton, informing me that it is a "limited edition" flavor. *Sigh.* After seeing those words I started thinking and I realized... that what the heck! the world is soooo not on my side as far as junk foods go! Let me just give you a little history.

The reason I bought Maple Blondie is because my favorite ice cream is often omitted from among the selection. It's also a Ben and Jerry's flavor- Cinnamon Buns. Cinnamon ice cream, bits of cinnamon bun dough and a swirl of carmel streusel. Now, I don't know what streusel is, but I'm sure I like it. It's heaven, I tell you. The problem? I rarely
see it at the stores! Ben and Jerry's website leads me to believe that it is still being made, so there is still hope, ladies and gentlemen.
For me, egg nog is probably the only reason to put up with winter. Except it has to be CREAM O' WEBER'S egg nog. No other egg nog can even compare! What in the world has happened to Cream O' Weber?! They used to be everywhere! Now one of the only places I can find it is at 7-11 stores. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem going to 7-11 for my egg nog, but man- if it keeps getting harder and harder to find, that means it COULD just go completely out someday. I don't think I could handle that kind of rejection.



Let's talk about candy. Want to know my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE candy? White Chocolate Twix Bars. If you haven't had them, oh... I'm sad for you. Well... actually it's probably best that way because THEY ARE GONE. Not made anymore. It seems that they are still sold in Europe but they won't ship them here! I miss them. My second favorite candy?

Take 5 PEANUT BUTTER bars. They had a hard peanut butter coating instead of chocolate. Status: discontinued. My next favorite? Licorice Pastels. You can usually only find these in the scoopy candy bins or in the off-brand bagsof candy, but... I haven't seen them in forever. I'm starting to get nervous. And do not get to thinking that they can be replaced with Good & Plentys or any other black licorice candy because those just won't do.

Favorite chip dip? Dill pickle chip dip. Where can you buy it? No idea. Seems to
have disappeared.
Favorite soda? Mountain Dew Distortion. Judge me if you will. No worries, though. Discontinued.
So you see what I'm saying? I'm beginning to get a little annoyed with all of the best stuff disappearing. (And, yes- yes I do realize that the reason these things all disappear is because I'm the ONLY one who seems to like them. THAT, however... is beside the point.)
I'm off to go get some of my 2nd favorite ice cream out of the freezer. Haagen Dazs's Dulce De Leche. I have to worry, though. i DID admit out loud to people that I like this flavor.
Time will tell.
Perhaps the universe is trying to tell me I need to eat healthier foods...
4 comments:
Ha! I can just imagine you sitting there, feeling sorry for yourself as you're eating your ice cream, and then snapping to the injustice of it all! :) I will definitely confirm that those things are quite disgusting, and you need to refine your palate, friend... start with real, delicious, creamy chocolate.
I too have had favorites pulled from my life. Apple cinnamon cream cheese (cinnamon cream cheese with chuncks of real apple), There was an ice cream that I loved similiar to ben and jerrys but cheaper. It was called American Pie. Yummy chunks of berry pie swirled in ice cream. Strawberry Mentos for a time were gone. Can only find them now at a local grocery store. My husband likes Hersheys mint cookies and cream candy bars and they too have gone by the way side. To all you junk food companies...Don't introduce us to something if you'll just snatch it away leaving us longing for what could be!
You know, if you would only convert to chocolate loving, your problems would be over.
When the universe tells us silly things like that you need to buy ear plugs.
Post a Comment