Now... I realize that usually this song/phrase is reserved for people having birthdays, but... technically I am one year older than I was... last year. And what is significant about one year ago in my life?
GRADUATION
Graduation. The day when- quite suddenly- one is expected to be an adult. I have a lot of friends that graduated either this weekend or last weekend, and it's made me think a lot. Looking back a year... where did I think I'd be now?
After I graduated I started the ever-dreaded job search. After interviewing a few places, I decided that I wanted to take a year off, so I backed out of all of them. So. I did it. I took a year off.
NOW WHAT??
That is a question that I, unfortunately, can't answer. I'm currently staying with my aunt and uncle in Sandy. Art and Katherine have been soooo amazingly nice for letting me crash at their house. I've once again begun the job search game, but I'm not really sure what will come of it.
Did any of you know that this economy isn't doing so well? Cause yeah... it's not. Love the job market.
But I have decided one thing- I'm going to do my best to stop stressing about the future! I'll do everything that I can to figure things out, but after that... I'm just going to try to relax. Things will work out, right? Now the trick is I just have to keep telling myself that.
And now... somebody we could all use a little more of in our lives:

7 comments:
Come to DC of course! There are SOOOOO many single later-day saints. And the teaching field is always ripe out here. And we can watch Gilmore Girls reruns. I hope it all works out how you want it to.
Brilliant! While the job market sucks you should come play with us up here.
Um, because we're fun. And it has been FOR-FREAKING-EVER.
kthxbai
Oh, the joy of job hunting... I feel your pain. And I love that you're choosing to not worry too much. I wish I'd done that, and had faith that there would be a light at the end of the tunnel!
HA! I love it. He can always make things better. And I think you have the right take on it. Though I find it impossible not to stress about the future 9 times out of 10, it IS the better way to go! It will all work out. It will. Especially if I see you sitting on my living room couch at about 7 p.m. on Tuesday nights. I'm just saying.
Don't worry it seems like just as soon as you get decision done in life, all of the sudden more decisions arise...by the way, I am feeling your pain at the tragic death of Danny Gans. (Good Times)
Hmmmm, yep, It's decided. You should move to St George and work there. I don't know what grade you are doing, but if you are doing elementary school (which I don't think you are) we are moving right across the street from one you could work at!
I'm pretty sure you should just move to Pickleville and be my Nanny. Yep, its decided. Oh, and what was the dream about?!?! Are you going to come play on the lake with us this summer? Miss you!
Post a Comment